What to Expect
IPL Photo Facial rejuvenation has been shown to reduce redness by more than 80%. During the treatment your doctor delivers precise amounts of pulsed light energy to the skin, which stimulates collagen production. As new collagen forms in the skin, it softens the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and discoloration.
Before the treatment, you will meet with one of our highly experienced aestheticians during a skin consultation to determine which procedures will best achieve your skin goals. Targeted skin will be numbed with a gentle numbing cream before the procedure. Many patients report that it feels like a rubber band snapping on the skin, but that the pain during the treatment is minimal. IPL Photo Facial treatments usually take 15 to 90 minutes depending on how large the treatment area is.
After just one treatment, patients usually see a more even skin tone and smoother texture. Repeated treatments are usually spaced out by three weeks to give the skin time to recover. Patients may experience some redness and light bruising after the treatment.
IPL Treatment Outcomes
- Reduced hyperpigmentation: IPL treatments can target dark spots and age spots, reducing their appearance and promoting an even skin tone.
- Minimized fine lines and wrinkles: IPL can stimulate collagen production, which can help to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduced redness: IPL can target the blood vessels that cause redness, reducing the appearance of rosacea, broken capillaries, and other types of redness.
- Shrunken pores: IPL can help to shrink pores, making them less noticeable and reducing the risk of acne.
- Acne improvement: IPL can help to kill bacteria that cause acne, reducing the frequency and severity of breakouts.
- Improved overall skin texture: IPL can help to smooth out rough patches and improve the overall texture of your skin.
Medical Review: This procedural information has been medically reviewed by plastic and reconstructive surgeon, Brian A. Cripe, M.D.